Master Surgeon in Neurosurgery
In partnership with key opinion leaders and industry professionals, SRC developed the Master Surgeon in Neurosurgey (MSNS) program. The MSNS program identifies surgeons who provide excellent neurosurgery care and are dedicated to continuously improving healthcare quality and patient safety.
The MSNS program has two distinct differences from the Center of Excellence in Neurosurgery (COENS) program:
- Designees will receive a unique seal and certificate that they can use to promote their Master Surgeon status.
- There is no hospital co-accreditation requirement. The hospital is not required to pay program fees or meet the COENS requirements. However, the hospital must be willing to participate in the inspection (whether virtual or on-site) that is conducted to verify the surgeon’s compliance with the MSNS requirements.
The MSNS program is an excellent way for patients to identify world-class neurosurgeons who hold themselves to a higher standard.
Ready to apply?
Application Fee: $1,650 USD
- Discounts may be available for surgeons that participate in multiple accreditation programs. Contact SRC for details.
- Upon payment of application fees, applicants achieve Provisional Status and gain access to SRC’s Outcomes Database at no additional charge.
Site Inspection Fees
Virtual Site Inspection: $1,175 USD
- Inspections for Master Surgeon accreditations are not performed on site at the surgeon’s location. Instead, materials are sent to SRC and the inspection is performed “virtually” saving the surgeon time and money
- If the virtual inspection concludes that an on-site inspection is required, additional fees will be charged.
- Renewal inspections are required every three years to ensure ongoing program compliance.
Annual Fee: $1,650 USD
- Annual participation fees will be billed one year after applicants achieve Provisional Status and each year thereafter.
- Fees are subject to change without notice and are not refundable. Payment of required fees does not guarantee accreditation.