Benefits of Accreditation
Participants in SRC’s Accreditation programs begin to experience benefits as soon as the facility and surgeon commit to pursuing their accreditation.
- Transformative Process – Pursuing and maintaining accredation can transform the entire patient care team in a way that challenges participants to establish a systemic culture of excellence versus simply earning a certificate. Cultivating this excellence should not end once accreditation is achieved; it’s an ongoing process that promotes continued improvement and is supported by SRC’s Consultation and Education services.
- Professional Recognition and Distinction – Achieving SRC’s Accreditation demonstrates the commitment and ability of surgeons and facilities to consistently deliver the highest level of care possible and signifies they are among the best in the specialty.
- Improved Safety and Efficacy – Participants join a safety and quality improvement program that seeks to identify and accelerate adoption of best clinical practices and cost-effective solutions. Facilities will not only improve the quality of care they deliver to individual patients but will also help establish their service line as a recognized leader in healthcare.
- Outcomes Database – SRC’s database can be used to help determine which treatment works best for which patient and under what circumstances. Information from the database assists clinicians, patients, payors and policymakers to make informed decisions that will improve healthcare at the individual level and for the patient population as a whole.
- Decreased Costs and Complications, Improved Outcomes and Patient Satisfaction – Participants indicate that their involvement in the program results in decreased length of stay, reduced complication rates and decreased intensive care unit stays which leads to improved outcomes, cost savings and increased patient satisfaction.
- Increased Patient Awareness and Access – SRC’s Accreditation promotes increased patient awareness of advanced surgical techniques and ensures they know their treatment options and benefits. As patients become knowledgeable about their surgical and provider choices, more select SRC accredited hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers and surgeons to perform their surgery.
- Marketing – SRC’s Accreditation is vital to marketing and differentiates facilities and surgeons among multiple competing surgical care providers. SRC’s Accreditation programs are synonymous with superior patient care. SRC Accredited participants gain access to graphic files, key messages and marketing guidelines that their public relations and marketing staff or outside agencies can immediately leverage in their promotional efforts. Achievement is typically publicized through a variety of mediums including print media, social medical and participant websites.
- Increased Patient Volumes and Referrals – Consumers are seeking ways to distinguish healthcare facilities that deliver high-quality care from those that do not. Patients recognize the importance of choosing a surgeon and facility who have met program requirements and have been inspected by an independent patient safety organization.
- Global Healthcare and Medical Tourism – Patients around the world are seeking access to quality healthcare from top providers – and they are increasingly willing to travel abroad to do so. Competition for these patients is intensifying, and achieving accreditation will help ensure that the safest, highest quality of care is delivered to surgical patients worldwide, regardless of where they choose to have their procedure performed.
- Network that Elevates the Specialty – In addition to emphasizing excellence at a local level, healthcare providers value program participation because it connects them to an elite group who are similarly dedicated to delivering safe, cost-effective, high-quality patient care.