Welcome to the COEMIG Program
The AAGL Center of Excellence in Minimally Invasive Gynecology (COEMIG) program recognizes hospitals and surgeons around the world providing exceptional minimally invasive gynecologic surgical care and dedicated to continuously improving healthcare quality and patient safety.
The COEMIG program delivers on the commitment of AAGL (http://www NULL.aagl NULL.org) to advance minimally invasive gynecology worldwide, and it enables the society to best serve the present and future needs of patients and providers by addressing the issues facing the specialty, including:
- Difficulty in identifying excellence for patients and providers
- The need to control care provider costs and outcomes (including reimbursement and malpractice rates)
- Use of outdated procedures
- The need to establish universal standards to measure program performance
- Lack of a central outcomes database
The AAGL selected Surgical Review Corporation (SRC), an independent healthcare quality organization, to administer the COEMIG program on its behalf. The COEMIG designation is available to surgeons, hospitals and ambulatory surgery centers around the world that provide minimally invasive gynecologic surgical care on an inpatient and outpatient basis. Surgeons do not have to be a member of the AAGL or any other medical society to participate.
Learn more about the AAGL Center of Excellence program.